Job Description: The Infection Control Coordinator is responsible for surveillance, prevention and control of infection. Assists with policy and procedure development, implementation, and maintaining regulatory compliance with (but not limited to) CDC, OSHA, AOA HFAP, CMS and local regulatory standards and directives. Acts as a primary education consultant to hospital employees, physicians, patients, volunteers and visitors for safe Infection Control/Prevention practices. Coordinates all hospital infection control activities with the Infection Control Committee, Medical Staff, and hospital employees. Responds to potential exposures by communicating with patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and regulatory agencies. This is a part-time position.
• Registered Nurse or Medical Technologist degree preferred
•Other clinical degrees considered case-by-case
• Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in acute care setting, infection control, or employee health, preferred. Other experience considered case-by-case.
• APIC membership or other Infection Prevention Organization and attendance required upon acceptance.
• Completion of formal APIC courses in Infection Control desirable. Successful completion of IC Fundamental Course if less than one (1) year experience and within one year of hire required.
MCHS offers competitive wage and benefits package including Health Coverage, Medical Spending Account, 403(b), paid time off and sick leave plus paid membership at the Connie Wold Wellness Center.
MCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.